me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, August 28, 2009

Pics from the week of August 22-28

Yay - it's FINALLY FRIDAY! This week went by fast, but I was getting tired of waiting for my Friday post to roll around! There was so much going on and lots of pics that were taken - it was hard to decide which ones to post today! (kind of a good problem to have though)
So, backing up to last Saturday - can you think that far back? - let's take a peek at what we had going on around here!
SATURDAY - August 22 - As part of the summer concert series package that I purchased, we got to see Trailer Choir, Trace Adkins, and Toby Keith - this was the 2nd concert in the series! Ah it was so much fun and the hundred degree temps were barely noticeable with the clouds that rolled in and the soft breeze that was blowing! We'd never heard of Trailer Choir before - but they were pretty good! Our favorite song by them was "rocking the beer gut" - HILARIOUS! (check it out here - but wait for the advertisement to be done before it comes on - it's worth it!)! Then Trace Adkins was so AMAZING and just as sexy in person this time as he was 15 years ago when I saw him! Before Trace was done - this couple came and plopped their hairy selves right down in front of us - seriously - in the 1 x 2 ft. of grass that was not covered by a blanket - UGH - how annoying - get there a little earlier people! Then of course Toby Keith brought the house down and people were on their feet most of the time! Good concert - good times!
Sunday - Today was the day for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. I have been looking forward to this since they announced it and this time we were able to take K with us. It was a beautiful day - one filled with promise and emotion - AMAZING!
MONDAY - a day we've been looking forward to since June 6th! The FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! This will be the last time that 3 of my kids will be in the same school together - sort of bittersweet if you ask me! Anyway, N was up with the sun - he was so excited! M was ready for lunch before we even had breakfast! K made sure we all ate right with eggs and toast to see us through the morning! L wasn't sure what to think, he kept looking at their back packs and just followed everyone around! We walked the kids to school and then found their teachers! K is in 6th grade this year - WOW and she has a GREAT teacher - this is his 30th year to teach! M is in 2nd grade and her teacher is SUPER as well! N has moved on to 1st grade and he has lots of his old buddies in his class - should be a good year for all!
Monday and TUESDAY: I had to clump these pics because it demonstrates L in all his goofiness! After we walked the kids to school on Monday, L decided to lock himself in my room. He couldn't be satisfied with just locking the door, nope, he dead-bolted the door too and we don't have a key - so Tim had to do some coercing to get him out of there!! Then on Tuesday L decided that he really missed N so he put on his soccer cleats and hat and walked around asking "where's Nay Nay"? It was fun to watch him!
Wednesday - we had ribs for dinner and K LOVES ribs! She ate 1/2 of a slab all by herself. She was eating even after everyone else was done. She just couldn't stop. She's a rib loving fool!!
THURSDAY: 2 kids, 2 soccer games, 2 different fields - SAME TIME! I took K to her game and Tim took N to his. Since their games are at the same time each week and at two different locations, we're going to have to split up - I'm sad about that! I had the camera at K's game - she did a great job and had 2 shots on goal. The one shot I got of a goal attempt is rather blurry due to "mom excitement and coach's butt in the way!" It was only the first game - so I expect that she'll gain confidence and speed as the season goes on. On the way home we swung by N's field and found that they were still playing - so I ran w/ the camera to the field (not knowing how much longer they'd be out there) and was able to get a few pics of the last 10 minutes of their game! (Thank goodness they started late). N scored a goal in his first game of the season and he has gained a lot of confidence and skill over the summer months. It's going to be fun to watch him play this year!
FRIDAY: Our neighbor found this turtle on Thursday evening and came and put him in one of our garden boxes.
We walked the kids to school this morning and they were SO EXCITED to show me this poster - of a missing turtle. So, our good deed for the day will be to call this family and see if the turtle belongs to them - YAY - someone will be so happy!
So there you have it - our fun/crazy/silly week full of new adventures and lots of laughs and smiles! Until next time....keep those cameras rolling America (oh wait, that's funny home videos)!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Becky said...

Hah! I found your blog too!

I got a flyer in my mailbox about a missing turtle too!

I think you have way too much fun in just one week!

Christy Woolston said...

Love the turtle story!

Christy Woolston said...

Love the turtle story :). Sounds like a fun and exciting week. I'm still sweating from all the things I've needed to do this week and I THOUGHT that things would actually slow down now that the kids are in school.

Carter Clan said...

WOW that was a busy week. You are a natural shutter bug that's for sure :)

JSCrawford said...

Awesome.... But I feel that I don't get to talk to you as much because I keep up with you through your blog. ~sniff~ You are very good with your camera and keeping track of what you do everyday.