me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cruise to Cabo!!

I have so many pics that I want to share with you - but it's just not practical to post 300 pictures on my blog! So I'll give it to you in doses and collages - for your viewing pleasure! Right now - yes -at this very moment - I'm sitting in the San Diego Airport waiting on our flight home! I know that picture posts come on Fridays - and no worries - it will, but I thought it would be fun to get something up today!
We had a great time over the last 5 days and looking back over my pre-fabricated posts - I'm surprised at how close I came to what we did on some of those days! Anyway, let's look back to last Saturday (September 26) and I'll take you through the first day or two!
AA arrived around 7am and took over the kid duties for us! We loaded up into Grandma Sandy's van and she drove us to the airport. Tim and I boarded an 8:30 flight bound for San Diego and we arrived safely around 9:30am! Since the ship didn't leave until 4pm - we decided to check our bags and take a walk to the Gaslamp district. There were shops of all kinds and I found one that I could fall in love with if given the chance! (Ghiradelli - yum!). We boarded the ship around 12:30 and got right to decorating our door! (Gotta give it some personality you know!)
After we checked out or cool room with 2 portals we headed to the lido deck for some lunch! Tim got a Ruben sandwich - he'd been craving one since we booked the cruise! We watched the America's cup yacht sail by, we found a giant chess board and we participated in the boat drill! We met John and Buck - 2 members of Cruise Critic that we've been chatting with for the past several months too! John is a nurse in the mental health area and Buck - well, I don't know what he does but I do know that it was his 29th anniversary and his wife was at home! She must be very loving! On the evening of our first cruise we got a towel animal that I THINK was a bear!

Sunday was our first day at sea! I just love how blue the water is when it's being churned up by the boat! We chose to eat lunch on the deck too - how nice is that?! Today was also the first of 2 art auctions on board the ship! I enjoy going to the art auction because I like the art and I like the raffles and I like the FREE ART that you get if you stay the whole time! Today was also formal night for dinner! We ran into John in his tux and we saw this "trophy wife" (no kidding) and couldn't get over the size of the rock on her finger! Do you see it?! After dinner we spent some time in the Karaoke bar and this gal in the black and white dress kept bouncing around taking pictures of everyone - she even got one of us! We took her pic - and so did a few others because she was so WASTED and her dress was so short that we kept getting a show - if you know what I mean! FUNNY! (I love the entertainment on board!)

Monday morning was like Christmas for Tim. He was up so early and looking out the windows! He woke me up and wanted me to go and see Cabo - we were just arriving! On the way to the deck I saw a man that looked like my dad - he was wearing a red shirt - HA, so funny! The Mexican military greeted us and I saw those rocks that I wanted to see! On Monday we were 1 of 5 ships in port! YIKES - who was the brain behind that on? 3 ships were Norwegian and one was Royal Caribbean. Anyway... the flight is starting to board so I'm out of time... I'll post more SOON - very soon!!!Posted by Picasa

No comments: