me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Grateful they broke the window!

Ok - this will seem strange but just go with me on this one....
Today (Wednesday) we were out at Saltair doing a photo shoot. There was only a few other people out there - a family with another photographer and 2 guys playing with their remote control trucks. No big deal! We went behind some rocks to get some pictures and when we came back we found this...
YEAH - you can imagine the look on my face....
The keys are sitting right on the seat - the doors were unlocked - but they broke the window..
with this rock!! (oh - it wasn't on the seat when we found it - it was on the floor - but we had already moved it when this picture was taken).
Anyway - the more and more we talked about what happened and how much it just didn't make sense the the window was broken - the more we were grateful that they broke it.
Yeah - it will be a pain to go through with the insurance and get it replaced and all of that. It will be a drag trying to track down the idiots who used my debit card to buy gas within 30 minutes of breaking into my van. But if they wouldn't have broken the window then I wouldn't have known that my purse was gone and they would have had a hay day with my card because we wouldn't have reported it stolen for several hours if not days.
You see - I never take my purse anywhere - so I wouldn't have thought twice about it not being in the van - had the window not been broken. They didn't take anything else. They didn't destroy anything either. Nope - they just took my purse right out of the back seat. They left the car keys on the seat, Tim's sunglasses on the seat, a DVD on the floor, a cell phone and more. Nope - they just took my purse and like I said - had they not broken the window then my bank account could be completely drained right now.
Crazy huh? Yeah - I'm grateful - it could have been a ton worse! Now it's just a pain and when I catch up to them I will be the pain in their backside! hehehe

5 comments:

JSCrawford said...

UGH! At least you saw the upside of it and knew what to do right away. I have a fear of someone draining our bank account. Hey, if you scrapbook it you could use the glass as nice little embellishments. NOT! ha haa

Carter Clan said...

wow, you have a great attitude about this, I'm still upset, and it wasn't even my car! It's a good thing you didn't see them do it, otherwise they would of had a bullet in their behinds.

Becky said...

Great way to look at the brightside!!!

Tiffany said...

Holy cow...way to find the tender mercy in the most obscure of places. Not that gas is cheap, but it's better than the plasma TV they were probably on their way to get. So sorry you have this to go through as well...you are one tough cookie!!!

luvmyav8er said...

That is JUST CRAZY, but I know I don't have to tell you that! It never makes sense why they wouldn't just try to open the door first. I had a doctor that I worked with at Stanocola off of N. Foster in a very bad area and he would always leave his door unlocked. I asked why and he said if they were going to steal it, at least they wouldn't break the window for it! I'm glad you noticed your purse was missing right away! Some people! I'm sorry that happened!