me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, November 15, 2009

pictures for you!

My mind has been so consumed over the past few days with having to replace stolen items that I forgot about my post and I even forgot to take pictures on Friday and Saturday!! (so next week might be sparse!) Anyway - here is a glimpse at what happened in our family over the past week...
SATURDAY (November 7): We grew this pumpkin! YES WE DID! We finally picked it too - and now it is acting as a lovely fall decoration on my kitchen table. I will make a dinner in it soon too- dinner in a pumpkin, won't that be fun?!
MONDAY: For Family Home Evening - I decide to do a "thankful turkey". This turkey was presented without any feathers. The idea was that from now until Thanksgiving day we will write on a feather something that we are thankful for within our family. (for example - "I'm thankful that N helped me with the dishes"). Since it's posting 5 days ago, our turkey has grown lots of feathers and I'm sure he'll gain many more over the next few weeks! So fun - it has really helped us to focus on the things that we do for each other and to be thankful for those things too!
TUESDAY: It's that time of year again. Time for the Prelude to Christmas concert and this is my 4th year to participate. Last year I stepped up and helped distribute and collect the music for the director. This year she caught me ahead of time and asked for me to help again! I readily agreed, so Tuesday I inherited 80 folders and 550 sheets of music - all has to be hole punched and stamped and then put in the folders!! Yep - that's what I spent a good chunk of the week working on!! But it's done now!
WEDNESDAY: Ah- we had a photo shoot with Ash! She really is getting better and better as the weeks and months pass. We were excited to go out to Saltair - as we've never been there. She took lots and lots of great pictures too! Do you see L? See how he doesn't have anything on the front of his shirt? Do you see another picture of his back - he has a dinosaur on it! Well - the shirt is on backwards - on purpose of course - but it was funny that each time we got a pic of him walking away we saw the front of his shirt! After our photo shoot we found that our van had been broken into. Lovely - but you know that story already! (oh - but they found my purse on Thursday - how cool is that?)
Posted by Picasa
THURSDAY: N is now in cub scouts - he's a TIGER CUB! So I encouraged Tim to take the camera to his meeting on Thursday night. These are the pictures they came back with. It's not much - but N was making a scary mask - I think - and his is a snake! He has enjoyed scouts and looks forward to it each week!
Well -that's all I have for you this time. Not much - I know - we've been a little overwhelmed! Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Martha said...

What a great pumpkin! None of our survived. So glad you got your purse back. I love the Turkey on your wall. That's a great idea. Your life is just beginning in scouts. Enjoy the ride. I pray you have a much better week.