me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, November 7, 2009

weekly pics

HI THERE! Are you ready to see some pics from the past week? We had a fun week. It was busy too!! Here, take a look!
SATURDAY (October 31): HAPPY HALLOWEEN! The day started off with having to change the breaks on both of our vehicles. YEAH - how's that for fun? Fortunately Tim knows how to do this and that saved a little money - but man - the time it took!! N got in on the action too - gotta train them early you know! Then it was time for T-o-Ting!! It didn't take long for L to get into it! Do you like the house with all the blow up decorations? I thought that was neat! The kids racked up on the candy this year and they all had a good time!
Monday (Nov. 2): Today I had to sub for M's 2nd grade class. K started working on a BIG project that she has on Egypt. FINALLY - because the project is due in a week - so DANG GIRL - nothing like waiting!
TUESDAY: did you vote?
WEDNESDAY: My friend Christy came over and we started working on Christmas gifts. I can't show you any more than this because YOU might be getting one of these and I don't want to ruin the surprise! It was fun to have a friend to work with. I didn't get very far but I was able to pound out some ideas!
THURSDAY: M is really hooked on cooking right now. She brings home cook books from school. She is always in the kitchen looking at stuff. She reads all the ingredients on EVERYTHING and is constantly asking how to make this or that. In fact - I am thinking of doing a cooking theme for her for Christmas. After all, I need to capture what interests her and cooking is what it is right now! So on Thursday M made us mini-apple pies. Yup - she did it. She read the recipe and with a little coaching, she made the whole thing. I helped roll the dough and put it in the oven but everything else was done by M. They were tasty pies!!
FRIDAY: Reflections contest. The theme was "Beauty Is...". N decided that beauty is a mountain in a thunder storm, M decided that Beauty Is a rose. K said that Beauty Is the seasons. The pics are in order - N, M, and K. And below their pic is them receiving their awards. And below that is the progression of L through the ceremony!!
N and M received participation awards. M was scared and started crying. She didn't want to go up in front of everyone so her teacher (in black) helped her. K was grouped into the Jr. High category and received Honorable Mention. She was thrilled. Her photo was judged against 40 others and they only give 1st, 2nd, and 1 Honorable Mention. WAY TO GO GUYS!!!
So there was our week (minus a few things!). Had to get a replacement cell phone because the screen went out on ours. Worked on MORE Christmas gifts. Picked the pumpkin that we grew in our garden and more!! I can't believe that we are into November already. WOW. Have a great week ya'll!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Martha said...

Great pictures! I would love to be in Utah for Halloween. It is all about the kids. Way to go M!! Our own little Emril. N, what a great little helper. He can work on my car anytime. K, congratulations on you picture. You are getting prettier everyday. Can L get any cuter? He is such a ham.
Love all of you and miss you so much.