me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today I'm grateful for...

MY MOM!! Yup - today is her b-day! This isn't a great picture of her - but it's the most recent and she's laughing in it - which we love to make her do!
When we were little and my mom would get upset with us - I mean REALLY upset (red face, belt in hand, yelling and then giving you "those eyes") all we had to do was look at her and laugh. (disrespectful - I know - but it worked!). Yup - we'd laugh and before long a smile would creep to her face and she'd just shake her head and that usually softened the punishment or got rid of it all together!
I'm grateful that my mom chose to be baptized into the Church so that I could have the foundation of the gospel in my life. I'm grateful that she chose to be a mother. I'm grateful for her love and even her advice! I'm grateful that as the years go by she loves us more and more. I'm grateful for her work ethic too!
Without my mom, I wouldn't be here!!
My mom values travel, the scriptures, and her children/grandchildren. She is a great example of service too.
Yep - today I'm ESPECIALLY grateful for my mom and for the opportunity to have her in my life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM -hope it's a great day!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY A, A, and A's MOM! Hope you have a great day!