me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, December 12, 2009

fun pics from this week!

Yup - late again - story of my life! Actually - I hate it when I'm late - I like punctuality and it drives me nuts to be late to anything! (really a pet peeve!) Anyway - this week has been *uber* busy - especially Friday and Saturday - so that has kept my attention away from the computer and although I could really go to sleep right this moment - I decided that it was best to get these pics posted before next week starts! So - take a peek and see what we discovered this week...

SUNDAY (Dec. 6) and MONDAY: Sunday I made french fries out of purple potatoes. The kids thought it was fun to have purple french fries! They were a little scared to try the "new" potato at first but once they realized that they taste just like their cousin - the white potato - then the fries disappeared!
On Monday Tim and I put up our tree while the kids were at school. For a fake tree I guess it isn't that bad!

TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY: On Tuesday is snowed..and snowed...and snowed..and..you get the idea! Tim and I ventured out to Seagull book and I found a picture that I loved - Joseph and the baby. Yep - fell in love instantly. (there is another pic that I adore - by Liz Lemon Swindle but it was out of my price range so I'll have to wait on it). Anyway - I like to get a new nativity each year and this year I decided that this picture would be a nice addition!

Wednesday: Caught L digging in the couch cushions. I asked what he was doing and in a grunting tone he told me he was looking for money! HA HA HA! Then while we were out and about I noticed that one of my favs from McD's was back - the McRib! So - guess what I had for lunch?!

THURSDAY: With all of the snow - I decided that the tires for Tim's truck look like powdered donuts!

Friday - we went grocery shopping, I had lunch with my VT's, we cleaned up the house, then Tim and I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert - featuring Natalie Cole! It was just beautiful - and we had a lovely evening! (no pics of that one - sorry!)

SATURDAY: COUSIN PARTY!! I decided that in an effort to stretch our budget - instead of getting a gift for all the cousins - we'd just have a cousin party! Today was the day. We got all the goodies for the "ginger bread" houses out. Tim hot glued together the graham crackers. (yes - hot glue! With little kids -this makes them sturdy and easier to decorate). Then the cousins from our area showed up and the party started! We began by decorating our houses. Everyone got into it!

then Grandma Sandy showed up and she held Ezra to keep him happy. The rest of us finished our houses and then did a few games of musical chairs and a white elephant gift exchange! Later Grandma Sandy, Grandpa D and the 2 eldest grandchildren - K and K got ready to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert. The girls have gone with the grandparents almost every time - so it is a real treat for them to get to spend this time alone with their grandparents! All in all I would say that our first annual cousin party was a success! I think that everyone had a good time and the adults had fun visiting! M stole her sister's (K) gift - she was the first to steal. Then Darrell stole N's gift - we all laughed when Darrell stole because the next gift that N opened was the same thing! K was not happy that M stole from her - she really wanted the magic cards - so for her to leave for the evening was a welcome relief for the rest of us having to put up with her attitude. GEEZ! Anyway - it was a fun - packed week!

Now it's off to bed. Tomorrow I have to be up early for choir practice. Then church. Then off to see Ezra be blessed. Then back home to get ready for our Prelude to Christmas Concert (if you're in the area you should really come - it's going to be marvelous) and then finally off to bed and ready for another school week (oh yeah - and we have to eat in between all that at some time!) Wish me luck! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

Good Luck! You are one busy lady. Somehow we manage to survive all the bustle. It is amazing that we do. See you later today.