This weekend was the finale of 7 weeks of practice and laughs. At the end of October I began my 4th year of singing in the Prelude To Christmas concert that is put on by our stake each Christmas season. It's a beautiful tradition that was started in 1988 and I have had so much fun being a part of it. Each Sunday evening for the past 7 weeks I've gone to the church with about 70 other people and have had my talents stretched as I learned new music and new ways to hit notes I didn't know I could hit!
I listened to stories from the director, shared giggles with the gals in the soprano section and learned new things about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! In 7 weeks we learned 7 songs - some familiar others - not so much. In 7 weeks an orchestra was formed. In 7 weeks I made lots and lots of new friends.
Last night all of our practice and late Sunday nights paid off - with a beautiful performance to a packed house! The orchestra did a beautiful job and I think that the choir was superb (if I do say so myself!). There was a standing ovation and an encore and then tears when flowers were presented to the director and pianist.
The music brought the spirit of the season and reminded several of us what this is really all about. It was simply beautiful. I am so happy that I was able to participate again. I even got a few friends and a sister to participate too - isn't that awesome?!
So now it's over and I feel lost! What will I do with my Sunday evenings? What will I do with no crates of music in the back of my van? Hhhmmmm.....I guess I look forward to the fun for next year and start working on other Christmas treats! Yup...that's what I'll do!
3 comments:
Maybe you can sing a few songs for us. We just haven't gotten in the Christmas Spirit yet. Tell K to practice her violin because Grandpa and I want to hear her play.
Hey, that's the first time Leeanna has opened the Overflow... wonder if she noticed. :)
I asked that same question last night...now what? Thanks again for getting me involved, it was a yummy holiday treat. And I agree, I think it was all fabulous! So exciting.
Post a Comment