
Tim and I put up our FAKE Christmas tree today while the kids were at school. I've never EVER had a fake tree! I'm grateful for this one - this year - because we wouldn't have been able to get a fresh cut one and we purchased this one last year after Christmas for the same amount that we typically spend on a fresh cut tree.
I've decided that just like anything, there are pros and cons to having a fake tree!
PRO: It was up in less than 20 minutes
CON: No ice-cycle snot to wipe away while you bond with your family in deciding on the perfect tree for your home!
PRO: It's Pre-lit - so no messing with boxes of lights that may or may not work!
CON: There aren't enough lights for my liking - so we'll be adding more - ugh!
PRO: no vacuuming up pine needles and no need to water!
CON: you have to make the branches spread out so it looks real and you never get it just like the real thing - and you don't get poked and get tree sap on your hand - isn't that part of the fun?
PRO: it won't dry out because someone forgot to water it!
CON: if it doesn't dry out - because someone forgot to water it - then we can't get a 2nd tree and have a good story to tell!
PRO: Don't have to worry about the trash man picking it up after Christmas
CON: Have to figure out how to get it back in the box like it came - yeah - good luck!
PRO: It stands up straight!
CON: It stands up straight! (I like the personality of the leaning tree!)
I'm mostly sad that it doesn't have that "fresh tree" smell when you walk in the house. I know that they have sprays and such - but those just aren't the same.
Regardless - our tree is up. The kids will be surprised when they get home! Tonight for FHE I think that we'll decorate it or write letters to Santa. Won't that be fun?
P.S. - I changed my picture at the very bottom of my blog - take a peek!
7 comments:
I was going to say the same thing. I love the smell from a fresh tree. Although I am to cheap to buy one so I always have the fake.
I wonder if they have a spray that you could buy.
I am glad that you got it up I will have to come and see it.
OH YES! One more thing. I love the picture. You are all so cute.
Call me crazy, but a lot of your cons sounded like pro's to me ;) Just kidding :) I do love the smell of a fresh tree, but the creature of convenience inside of me has embraced the fakeness :)
I love me a good real tree. There is nothing like the smell. And with no storage space...real is the way to go around here. We rescue the abandoned trees off the lots on Christmas Eve and give it a warm home for the holidays. It's a service project, you see. HEHEHE!
my parents sell trees, so it never has cost us anything. This year we have a fake one though because our condo doesn't allow real trees. wonder if Mexican's put up christmas trees.
For the "tree" smell, go to some places where they sell real trees. Ask them if you can have the bottom limbs they cut off of the trees. Some people will give them to you. Make floral arrangements out of sprigs you cut off. You can use the Chrismas balls, figurines, candles, etc. that you already have. These kind of arrangements are expense to purchase.
LOVE the new picture at the bottom... and I have to agree with Tiffany - lots of your "Cons" sound like Pros to me. I've been without the real tree smell for so long that I may never know what it is again! (Weeps solemnly). Well, I will have to come over and see it. YAY!
Post a Comment