me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Service Countdown

As you know I made a countdown calendar that is full of service activities. We uncovered our first card on Monday night - so it could be done on Tuesday - December first. The first card said "smile at everyone you see today". I told the kids to do their best and then at dinner we would report on how our smiles affected others!
N started:
"I smiled and a kid fell down" (boy - it was hard to contain our laughter on that one! What do you mean? You smiled and he was so shocked that he fell over?) Then N clarified "I smiled AFTER the kid fell down and he smiled back and felt better" (Oh - so you were laughing at him falling down?). He went on with the rest of his report about how some smiled back and others didn't but he thought it made people feel happy.
Then M
Mom: M - did you smile at everyone you saw today?
M: (buries head and cries): NO - everyone was already smiling so I didn't smile at all. I'll never smile again!
(laughing commences on the part of the parents)
Now it's K's turn (after trying to console M and telling her that her class was smiling because M ALWAYS smiles and they were happy to see her!)
K: I smiled at X and X and X - they smiled back. I smiled at X and HE yelled to Mr. Unger (the teacher) - "Um - something is wrong with K". Then I smiled at X and SHE ran from me (laughing continues - our kids must be pretty scary at school!). I didn't remember to smile until half way through the day and X and X smiled back at me - it was nice!

so there it is - our report from the first day of our service calendar! IT WAS GREAT!!

5 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Too funny!

Heidi Sue said...

So Thats why you smiled so much at me yesterday.

Tiffany said...

Classic :) M's experience was my favorite :)

The Circus said...

what a cute idea! I can't wait to see what other ideas you have on your calendar. I may just steal this idea.

msaonika said...

I think that M's was the best - Tee hee!