me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, December 26, 2009

YAY pics from Christmas week!

With Christmas and family in town, it's been a little hard to get to the computer to update things! But I'm stealing a little time right now to post a few pics from this past week!
SATURDAY (December 19): We spent a good chunk of the day cleaning up and getting ready for Martha and Niels to arrive! N found this "spider pumpkin" in his room! EEWWW (it found its way to the trash!). I got all the laundry done - see, my bucket is EMPTY! (I don't think it's been empty since we moved in 2 years ago!) and K lost ANOTHER tooth - that makes 6 teeth in 7 weeks! Yeah - the fairy is broke!

SUNDAY/MONDAY: On Sunday I finally sat down and made the centerpiece for our dining room table. Tim found some trimmings from the live trees and brought them home for me to use. I love making centerpieces at Christmas time! Martha and Niels got in LATE Sunday/EARLY Monday - no pic of that - but they did make it! On MONDAY M got mad at me for something and decided to hide under her blanket. She sat this way for about 30 minutes only peeking out once in a while to see if we were still laughing at her!

TUESDAY: Tim took N down to the RSL Stadium and they had their picture taken with the Championship trophy. Nick Ramando was supposed to be there too but he was held up in traffic and Tim had a soccer game to get to so they couldn't wait on him. Oh well. On WEDNESDAY I continued to wrap presents! On THURSDAY the kids finally got to open 1 gift (it's always Jammies!). I - being the thrifty shopper that I am - purchased the girls' jammies after Christmas last year. Not paying attention I got a women's size small for M and since she's the size of a 5 yr. old - these weren't even close to fitting! She was a good sport about it though and gave hers to K because K's jammies were too big too (a women's medium). Oh well - Christmas is about memories and family right? And this is one for the books!

FRIDAY (Christmas day): The day started with excited children waking up at 4:30am and their mother none too happy about it! I found them at 4:30 with their stocking dumped and they were giggling and showing each other the contents inside. I quickly gave them that look and pointed to their rooms. They packed up the stockings - put them back - and went back to bed with instructions to NOT GET UP before 7:30! Then at 7:30 we all rolled out of bed again! We looked at stockings (THANK YOU SANTA) and then had breakfast. After a quick kitchen clean up we went and opened gifts. The kids had a beautiful morning and they were so happy with the treasures that were found under the tree. They got more than they deserve - as usual - but they have so many that love them! We ended the day with a nice dinner at home. Being with family and those you love is a blessing all by itself - to spend Christmas day with them is like the cherry on top! THANK YOU to everyone who thought of us this Christmas season - we love you ALL and we hope that you TOO had a BEAUTIFUL Christmas! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

Sounds like a lovely week. Love the pajama story. Carl's pj's were too short. Didn't think I had to worry about length of pant leg with pj's...apparently I do. HAHAHA! Merry Christmas Barnes Family...we LOVE ya'll.