me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, January 1, 2010

NEW YEAR - NEW FAVORITE!!


YAY for the New Year! Yay for a new start! It's something about the number 1 that makes you want to start over and do better than before - ya know?!
Anyway - I discovered a new website just a week ago. I've been playing on it to see if it would be beneficial to our family or not. I've decided - after just one day of using it - that it is TOTALLY WORTH IT and I'm in love and grinning from ear to ear! I can't say enough good things about this new discovery either! So let me just quickly explain what it is!
This is an interactive CHORE chart! You (as the parent) get to assign jobs - by the day - the week - the month - WHATEVER!! You get to assign points to those jobs too! You get to assign rewards that have a point value and these can be redeemed when the chore is done - or any time the child has enough points!
You can put the child's picture and give them their own password...OH there is so much you can do! You can upload icons to help little kids understand what needs to be done!
It's WONDERFUL!! And one of the best parts is that the program e-mails YOU when the child has completed their chores!!
So - this puts the work on the child in order to earn a reward! This came at a perfect time for us as Tim and I were just discussing the use of the computer and limiting time. Now the kids have to EARN their time - yay!!
Oh and you can take away points or add more if the child didn't do something or did something more! You can leave them notes - so cute!! And with my kids savvy knowledge of the computer - this at least gives them something useful to be looking at! Did I mention that I love it?! Did I mention that it's FREE?!!
So - check it out HERE!!! You won't be sorry!

No comments: