me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, February 1, 2010

District Science Fair?


SERIOUSLY - you won't believe this! After stressing out all last week about the dumb science fair project that K was required to do and turn in - the results are in. Now before you say that I did the project - WRONG!! I simply provided the idea that would be the most simplistic in the amount of time given and I assisted with typing and thought provoking questions. Tim assisted with sawing the boat and getting the materials - but K did everything else. The stressful part came in getting her to actually get it pulled together!
Anyway - today the results were announced. The started wiht 4th grade - Honorable mention, 3rd, 2nd, and then 1st place. The moved on to the 5th grade and then the 6th grade. K said that her name hadn't been called so she figured that she didn't win anything and was holding her friend's hand and saying "oooo - they are gonna call your name - I just know it!" - then the speaker said "and first place - for the 6th grade is K.B. - and she will be representing us at the district science fair next month!" K said she just looked towards the speaker and said "WHAT?".
Needless to say I'm a little surprised - but I'm happy for her. She better get on the ball NOW for the next one! Can you believe that? Sometimes I wish I had just an ounce of her energy and brain power - it would do wonders for my complexion and attitude - I'm sure!
In other news - we are still waiting to find out what part she'll play at the Shakespeare Festival - that was supposed to be announced last Monday, then they said it would be TODAY, and then today they said TOMORROW - love the waiting game - LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Some time in the next 3 years she is going to be smarter then you the rate she is going! (or smarter then me, one of the two!)
Congrats!!

Tiffany said...

Wow...that girl is gonna move mountains :)

Christy Woolston said...

WOWZA! Love unexpected surprises and blue ribbons. WAY TO GO! Mom and Dad too. Coming up with the idea was always the hardest part.

Heidi Sue said...

Way to go K. How fun and exciting!