me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just stuff

* Today it is snowing. That's right - after the beautiful sunshine yesterday, and the lovely view of the greenish-brown grass in the yard - today it is snowing. It's not just snowing a little - it's coming down and so far, there is about 3 inches on the ground. SOUNDS FUN - huh?!
* Today N went back to school. He was up and ready to go before anyone in the house. He was just a tad excited I'd say. I guess that after being cooped up for 2 days he was anxious to get out and get to doing something! He started feeling better yesterday afternoon. I was moments away from calling a doctor when I gave him one more drink. He kept it down and his color started to come back and WAH-LA, the vomiting had ceased!
* K has written a waltz that will be used in the Shakespeare festival. I guess we can add "song writer" to her resume now. She constantly has something new up her sleeve - wonder what she'll do next!
* Last night I had a dream that I was performing baptisms in a Catholic Church - but our Bishop was presiding. Strange....
* M has made a little progress in school this week. Her teacher came up with a sticker reward system just for her. She'll get a sticker for showing up, for not hiding, for doing her work, and so on. She has the potential to fill up an entire page every other day if she just does what she needs to - and that leads to getting something out of the treasure box. M likes this - so for 3 days now she hasn't begged to stay home (or to go back to first grade where it's easy). I'll keep my fingers crossed that this "high" continues!
* Valentine's day is coming - a silly little day to show someone you love them. But shouldn't you be showing that all year long? I read in the paper this morning about an anti-V-day party that's being held, complete with dead flowers and enough chocolate to kill you! Too bad they limited it to teens. I want to get my hands on some of that chocolate!!
* To my Omaha friends... I miss you so much and I can't wait until April to see ONE of you!! To my friend JS...I'm having JS withdrawals so send me a note and let's get together again- ok? And to the other 2 of you that read my blog, when are we going to do something fun - like CARDS or LUNCH?!
Ok -that's enough ranting for now! I better get and clean something! Have a good day ya'll!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

*Love this post! It made me laugh and it made me feel special. *I'm wanting chocolate too. *Cards or lunch would be great. I'm gonna give you a call when I'm done commenting. *Hope the rewards system at school will work for M. I know she struggles. *Your dream is funny. We'll have to tell the Bishop. :) *K wrote a waltz? WOW! I wanna hear it. *Glad N is feeling better...not glad there's so much snow BUT it was needed so I can cope.