Tim loaded my pics onto the prehistoric desktop last night - so I get to put up a post! Lucky you!! **Warning** if you have a tummy that gets squeamish easily - then don't look at the last set of pics - it involves little dead fish, and my sons eating them!
So, last week was busy and I'm ashamed to say that I didn't take any pics of my Dad and Ronda or of Martha and Niels - GOOD GRIEF - what was I thinking? But here is what I did get... enjoy!
(remember to click the pic to enlarge!)
For M's b-day dinner we took her to Bucca Di Beppo (also known simply as Bucca!). Tim and I discovered Bucca by accident and we fell in love with it instantly! M loves fettuccine and that's what she wanted - so Bucca it was! After dinner, they brought M a birthday cupcake that was as big as her face (Ok - maybe a little smaller than that - but it was pretty big!). She was so excited - she shared her cupcake with everyone and even had some left over that she took home for the next day.Saturday was M's baptism and it went beautifully. K played, with some other wonderful girls, on her violin - and they did an amazing job - the song was wonderful and the spirit was so strong! Tim set a fashion statement with his white jump-suit and M's smile lit up the room as usual! Things were crazy with "congrats" and such, afterwards, that I didn't get any pics of M with her grandfathers - who stood in the circle to confirm her - or with the people that spoke - or anything! I might have to stage those later!
After the baptism - I hosted lunch at my home for all of the family that came in to town. Many of them traveled several hundred miles to get here - so it's the least I could do!! M wanted a cake with polka dots and flowers. However, I flubbed this one up. She wanted white polka dots on the bottom and green polka dots on the top - with flowers on the sides - I put flowers on the top - OOPS! Anyway, we laid lunch out across the counter - and since the sun was shining, I sent all of the kids outside to the big pic-nic table to eat! The adults just vegged out on the couches and visited and AA could be seen holding baby Ezra most of the time. (she loves the babies!)
Finally, N has been wanting to try Sardines. We knew that Niels liked them - so we waited for Niels to arrive, and we purchased a can. On Sunday afternoon, Niels took N outside - so that the fishy smell wouldn't be in our home - and showed N how to open the can, drain it, and dig in! We weren't sure what N would think - but as you can see, he liked those little fish. In fact, he liked them so much that he took the can and ate almost all of it - leaving 1 little fish for Niels!! L even got in on the tasting and he approved as well. I guess I know which of my kids will survive if we have to live off of fish!!





2 comments:
Did you save me a cake on a stick? YUM! That cake looks fabulous. So creative! Glad to see that all went well and it was so fun to have M today at Activity Days. After I left the message for K...I realized Oh, and M too. :)
What a busy week! I am sure you are glad it is over. I loved M's Baptism. It was great. I love her little smile and laugh.
One last thing SARDINES? EWWWWWWWW!
Post a Comment