me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

UGH...


This is how I feel today. This is how Tim feels today. This is how N feels today. The rest of the family.... I think that they are fine!
On Sunday evening, N started complaining that his ear hurt. On Monday he mentioned it again and on Tuesday I took him in to a Dr. He has an ear infection. There were no typical signs - no fever - no runny nose - no coughing. Just an ear infection - his first one.
Since it had been close to 48 hours of mild pain, the Dr. prescribed an antibiotic and some numbing drops and sent us on our way. I filled the prescriptions and began the dosing yesterday afternoon.
Shortly after midnight (and an 11:30pm phone call about the Caucus!), K came in our room and said that N was crying so loud that it woke her up.
Tim went to check on him and sure enough - he was in obvious pain and shaking a little (mostly from the sobbing). Tim brought him to our room and we did all we could to get him to calm down. The numbing drops didn't seem to be working and we couldn't get N to swallow an aspirin (he kept gagging on it) so there we sat - feeling helpless at 1am!
N finally calmed down and watched a little TV between Tim and I. He held a warm washcloth to his ear for a bit and that seemed to help and around 1:30 he was back to his bed.
Then K was up at 5am - and she has a tendency to flip every light switch she passes when it's dark - so the house looked like the surface of the sun!! UGH!
Tim got her back to bed and the lights off, but couldn't go back to sleep.
And finally - since it's Wednesday - guess who had to be at school early?! So - I'm a walking zombie and forget a nap - I've got company coming in today so there are things that must be done!
It's a crazy life I lead... I'm tellin' ya!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Those days are my FAVORITE...not!!! I hope you got some sleep last night