me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ME ME ME.....

They selected me!!! Can you believe it?! Oh wait - maybe you can't because you don't know what I'm talking about... so allow me to explain.
A while ago I was reading a blog and the gal was talking about "House Parties". I had no clue what this was so I followed her link and discovered that a "House Party" is when a company selects you to host a party that features their products in order to get others interested in what they are trying to sell. There is a whole website dedicated to this where you can have these companies send you applications to host a party and so on. So, I decided to give it a go. If you are selected then you get to keep everything that they send you - BONUS - and if you aren't selected you aren't out anything.
I've filled out applications for Red Barron Pizza parties and such but they all told me "thanks but not this time!". Then I filled out this one to host a Bicycle Card Game party. OOO...and having recently learned a new card game, I was especially intrigued! So I filled out the application.
Then, today, in my e-mail inbox was a message from Bicycle that said I was one of the finalists to host a party! YAY... All I had to do was log in to the website using my user name and password and accept the invitation to host. The first 2,000 people to accept the invite would be the recipients of a Bicycle Playing Card Party box and be asked to host a party of 10+ people by May 8th. So, I hurriedly logged in - only to discover that I had forgotten my user name and password. UGH! I tried every combination of things that I could think of and I was still out of luck! So I sent for a password reset. The minutes passed like molasses and then I had an appointment to keep. I was sure that I was going to miss this opportunity! I returned home to an e-mail that my password had been reset - so again, I tried to log in. But to no avail - it still didn't work! What do I do?! I could feel the game night slipping away... and then Tim had a stroke of genius! Look on the website and find a phone number! I did - and I was in luck. A nice man named Josh answered my plea and set my password to something that worked!!! YAY - so I logged in and I'M THE WINNER!!! I get to host a Bicycle Playing Card party!! WAHOO!!!
So - if you are in the area, and you want to come - let me know and I'll send you an invite. The more the merrier!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

WOOHOO!!! Sounds Awesome!!!
Congrats!!

elkaholic said...

partay!

Christy Woolston said...

Me, Me, Me. How fun is that!