me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, April 17, 2010

She's 12!

Today my oldest child turned 12. I admit, I had doubts if she would ever survive to this day - but despite all odds, and my bad temper, she did! Isn't she just beautiful? I think so - but then again, I'm a little bias I suppose.
Anyway, there is so much I want to tell you about her birthday and all of the fun that we had celebrating this special day, but it's late and I don't want to sort through all 112 pictures that I took right now! (so I'll do that tomorrow - deal?!)
But this is what I can tell you. K is our oldest child. She was named by her father and she has my middle name - Faye - which is the same as her grandmother. She was born quickly for a first child - 3 hours. She was my biggest baby at 7lbs and 8oz - 21 1/2" long. She had the most thick black hair you have ever seen on a newborn and one of my favorite pics of her is when the nurse styled it to look like Elvis just hours after her arrival!
K was an only child until she was nearly 4. She is spoiled! She knows little of self control. However, she is a very smart, compassionate, loving, beautiful, thought provoking, playful, imaginative, and book loving girl.
She will read anything she can get her hands on. She will draw anything she sees. She will sing any song she learns, and she will listen to any story that you have to tell - and then tell you one of her own.
Before K was born I had the distinct impression that she needed to come to this earth and I was in no way prepared to start a family. The need to do so, however, was overwhelming and I couldn't ignore it. I remember hearing the whisperings of the spirit that told me that if I didn't get her here then someone else would - but she needed to come at this time. I've always known that K was special, I've always felt that her path in this life would be one that would be grand. I don't know what that is - but I can't deny that it's there and I'm honored and scared all at the same time, to be her mother on this earth.
She has taught us many things but above all she has taught us that it's alright to think outside of the box and to be unique and true to yourself.
Happy Birthday sweetheart. We are so incredibly proud of you. We don't tell you nearly often enough- you are AWESOME!!! We love you, and we hope that you had a wonderful birthday and many, many more to come!

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Okay, that was beautiful! What a lovely tribute. I need a tissue.

JSCrawford said...

Awwww, you're the best MOM!