I'm sure there will be several posts like this all over the web today... but I wanted, like many others, to be sure to remember those that have fought and died for my freedom, especially my ancestors that put their lives on the line for this great country. There is a long line of military service in my family - on both sides - as well as in Tim's family. Right up to my brother Cameron (A.K.A "uncle pickle"), generations have served the United States of America. They served in the Marines, the Coast Guard, the Army... they served willingly and bravely and when I look at their pictures or read their stories... I am humbled.
This is my Great Grandfather, on my father's side. He served in WWI. He made it home alive. I never knew this man, he died long before I was born, but I love this picture. A young man, brave and noble, ready to serve.
This is my grandfather on my mother's side. He served in WWII. He also made it home alive. In the front closet of my grandmother's home still hangs his uniform. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.So, thanks to the men and women who have bravely served, who have died in order for me and my family to be able to sleep well at night. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten!
1 comment:
Cool!
Post a Comment