me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, May 27, 2010

More pics from this week!!

I know you just love seeing pics... don't ya! Here are a few from the past few days!
On Tuesday, N had a baseball game. Because of the field location and the position of the sun, Tim encouraged N to bat right handed the whole game - and he did. He was at bat 3 times and he got 3 hits. He scored once. N's team is young in comparison to the teams they play so for them to be doing as well as they are is rather impressive. The D-Backs can field the ball pretty well, but they are still learning where to throw the ball once they get it! They were down 11-4 going into the 4th inning (they were the home team). I am not sure how they did it, but somehow they rallied to win the game, 12-11. The game winning hit was made by a boy named Dillon. Dillion strikes out more than he gets on base. His run time from home to first base is 30 seconds at best. He is just learning the game and he doesn't seem too thrilled to be doing so. So, when he hit the ball - made it to first - and the winning run scored... well, let's just say that the team went nuts. I was really proud of the boys for making sure that Dillion knew how great he did. I've never seen that kid smile more. Reminded me of one of those movies where the underdog comes back to win and they lift the kid on their shoulders. If these boys were bigger... I'm sure Dillion would have been riding their shoulders around the bases!! It was great!
Wednesday was Crazy Hair/Hat day at school and my kids are not ones turn their backs on participating when it comes to school spirit! All week they've been doing crazy things but this was their favorite (so far). M wanted rubber bands all over her head... easy enough. N wanted his hair painted - but I couldn't find any spray in our Halloween box, so he went with a hat and antlers from Christmas! Silly kids - they had fun! (Today is favorite sports team day, and tomorrow is school spirit day)
This past Tuesday marked 15 years since my Grandpa Ross passed away. He loved gardening - veggies, flowers, trees, didn't matter... if it could be planted and grown he loved to do it! He was a prankster too... always playing jokes on the men he worked with - or picking on my grandma. He was a baseball player - semi-pro for the White Sox. He loved animals, he loved the Lord, and he loved my grandma - we all knew it. I wish that my kids could have met him while he was on this earth. There is a special place in my heart for this grandpa. He taught me so much and I think of him often. So, on Tuesday I made a point to send my grandma a note to let her know I was thinking of her and then Tim bought me this flower, to plant, for my grandpa. Now, as I look at it over the next few months I will always be reminded of his loving hands and his kind heart - and his green thumb!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

Beautiful Flowers!