There is always something happening over here... and here are a few things from last weekend!
As you may recall, I was invited by Bicycle Playing Cards to host a card party. The idea was to get people interested in playing games again! So, I printed off the rules for a few different games, invited some of my favorite people, decorated the house, and let the fun take over! It was a blast!
AA came - of course - and made us all laugh! I printed some interesting facts about the Bicycle company and placed them around the house. AA is reading one about how the card company worked with the government during WWII to print cards that could be peeled apart when moistened to reveal a portion of a map for an escape route. These cards were given to American POWs - how cool is that?!After a few rounds of Crazy 8's and 99 - the boys decided that they needed to watch the JAZZ play basketball - so the gals played slap jack - HA.... didn't know your wedding ring could be a weapon did ya?! Oh we laughed so hard! I sent everyone home with a little goodie bag of things from Bicycle... I think we all had fun!
We've never been to a "Scout-o-rama" before, but a cute little scout at the mall on K's b-day was selling tickets, so I bought a family pass. (it was only $5.00 - so why not?!) Anyway, we went and WOW!! The expo center was FULL of things to see and do - scout troops from all over had booths and games and ways to earn badges... OH MY! There was so much that we didn't even come close to seeing everything!
Here is a few of the things that we did! K and N played with a cow heart (N was way more interested in this than I thought he'd be and he stayed there for a long time!) We found the "order of the arrow" and M and N wore a headdress and stood by an "Indian"! We saw the DARE car and a Monster Truck! We had boat races and K and N learned a little about fencing (K wants to take classes now - and the funny thing is, we have wanted to put her in fencing since she was 8!) N earned his geography belt loop and K sparred with a friend! We found a magnetic levitation thingy and the kids thought that was cool too! Oh - there was so much more, but we'd be here all day if I told you all about it!
It was a fun day and I'll be looking for those tickets again in the future!





2 comments:
Looks like Scout a Rama was a lot of fun... Ahhh, but not as much fun as playing those cards! WOOT!
You know.. There is a rule against postin pics of me on your blog... now I get to post one of you!
I just got get one......
Post a Comment