me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, June 21, 2010

More Cake!!

Last week I made a cake for a friend, for her birthday. Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting and white almond fondant. I pulled the cake out of the fridge and put it on the stove to "warm up". While that was happening, I took off to get some yellow ribbon. While I was gone, I got a phone call.... it was Tim: "How much do you love your youngest child?"
"WHY?"
"He took a bite of your cake"

Now, here I am, at the store and trying to figure out how I'm going to fix a cake that I wanted to deliver in a matter of hours! I didn't even know how much damage had been done! KIDS.....

So, when I got home, I saw that the bite wasn't too bad and I decided that I could cut out around it and cover it with a flower... and that's what I did!

Then I proceeded to finish the rest of the cake and WAH-LAH! Don't worry, I did tell Karen that there was a hunk of cake missing and to feed that section to the dog or something. So, I think that everything turned out alright - what do you think?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome!!

Stefani said...

i just made red velvet cupcakes... we think alike LOL

Christy Woolston said...

It's lovely...way to be flexible.