This is L - he will be 3 in 2 weeks. He isn't going to school but he really wants to be. He had "school clothes" out, and this back pack (which I got for N but N informed me that it wasn't grown up enough for him and he didn't want it - how was I to know that Spider Man was too childish for a 2nd grader?) Oh, L was so sad when he didn't get to go in the school with the others. Poor guy - he isn't going to know what to do without his best friends!
Here is K - 12 years old, going on 18! 7th grade this year, Junior High... WOW! She has had a summer of growth and discovery about herself. She is so excited about the school year, the possibility of new friends and activities, and all sorts of other things. Between school, violin lessons, soccer season, and volunteering I'm sure we'll hardly see her! K has a few honors classes this year too - so her work load just doubled! I hope that she can organize herself enough to do what we know she is capable of doing! So, Tim dropped K off at school this morning, she goes about 55 minutes earlier than the other kiddos do which makes for an early morning around here!
M - 8 years old, going into 3rd grade. M continually surprises us with what she knows and what she can accomplish. I think that sometimes I tend to put M in a "box" when it comes to what she can and can't do but yet she rises above her challenges with Autism all the time and shows us that she can do more than we think. She is a very blessed little girl and although school will probably be a struggle for her here and there, I'm sure that she'll get through the year with a smile on her face. After all, that's one of her most amazing gifts - she is always smiling!
N - 7 years old, 2nd grade - MATH WIZ! This morning at 7:25, N informs me that in 35 minutes K needs to be at school and in 65 minutes it's time for them to start walking. Seriously it took him about 2 seconds to come up with those numbers - I see K in boy form with N -they share the same brain, no wonder they fight so much! N is really looking forward to the year, although he would never tell you that! N does love school, he loves learning, he loves trying new things and I'm sure this will be another fabulous year for him.
So there you have it! Now it's just L and me at home, doing our thing. I guess it's time for us to become great buddies again!

3 comments:
They have grown so much and they look so good!! I cannot believe K is in the 7th grade. Where has all the time gone? They grow up too fast.
That L, he just melts your heart!Where did he come from? They all look so sweet. Hope that all went well.
I understand why you aren't bringing them on the cruise, but sure wish we could meet them. Guess someday we will just have to fly out and visit you guys.
Post a Comment