As you know, I spent the last week with 200 girls at Camp Piuta, in Utah, for an LDS Girls camp. So, here is the first part of our trip. I have to give it to you in segments, because there was so much and I took over 200 pictures - so I have to filter through to find the ones that would be most interesting to you!
On Tuesday, we left around 9am and headed to Jordanelle Reservoir for an afternoon of boating and fun! We hung out at the lake until about 3 and then we headed towards Piuta - another 30 minutes East from the lake. The camp theme this year was "Faith, Family, Freedom - Forever". The mountains were beautiful and the girls got to stay in cabins this year. K was super excited to be at camp, to make new friends, to spend time with me (can you believe that?!) and to find out for herself why people love Girls camp so much!Wednesday was our Freedom day. We kicked off the day with a speaker, Matt Whitaker. You may be familiar with him, he is a film director and he's done "Saints and Soldiers" and "The Work and the Glory" - among many other works. He is currently working on a film in Germany about 3 young boys who - during Hitler's time - spoke out against Hitler and his actions. They were the youngest Nazi resistance group and they were LDS. He talked about what they had done, the trials they had gone through when they were caught and so on. It was an amazing story. After he spoke - we talked about another kind of freedom, the freedom that many of us have to use our bodies they way that we want and we took all 200 girls to the National Ability Center in Park City Utah. There the girls provided service by pulling weeds, painting corrals, picking up rocks out of the horse areas and so on. This center helps people with disabilities experience things like skiing, horseback riding, and so on. What a neat treat to get to help at the center. As we returned back to the camp it started to rain - and it rained HARD!! Some of the girls decided to braid their hair - and K got hers done too - it's cute huh?
Well, that's it for now. It's been a long week and I'm sure it will take me a week to recover! It was AWESOME... and I'll tell you more about it soon!



1 comment:
YAY, thanks for sharing. I've been waiting to see what your week was like...keep it comin'. Hugs!
Post a Comment