For those that aren't familiar with this LDS tradition... let me explain. When the youth of our church turn 12 they are then referred to as the Young Women or Young Men. Each year, the YW go to "girls camp" just like the boys go to Scout Camp. The camps are different - of course - one is for Boy scouts and one for the girls - and I think that the girls have more fun, but hey, I might be bias!Anyway... you don't get to attend girls camp unless you are (1) a YW or (2) a leader. Back in January I was called as a stake leader for this year's camp and I can't tell you how excited I am. I'm not only excited to get to go - because my own camp experiences hold many special memories for me - but also because this is the first year that K gets to attend, and I get to be there to witness it. I'm looking forward to watching my own daughter grow and have fun and discover new things about who she is. What a fantastic experience... something that can't be explained in words... you just have to be there!
Anyway... so I'm leaving in less than an hour and I won't return until Saturday afternoon. There will be approximately 200 girls on this trek ... let the fun begin!
1 comment:
Happy Trails! Best of luck! Hope you have a smooth ride!
Post a Comment