This picture was taken at K's 12th birthday party. The young man is Robert. He was in K's 6th grade class, and a little before her birthday she started talking about him. Now - I know you can't tell from this picture, but Robert is cute, polite, etc.... - so I have no problem with K liking him.
So, the summer comes and Robert's family invites K to go boating with them and such. She refuses because she "can't have him see her in a swim suit"! (I honestly didn't think those sentiments started this early, but I guess I was wrong!) Because of this, the summer passes without K seeing Robert but that didn't stop her from starring longingly at his home every time we drove past, or mentioning his name on occasion.
School started this week and K was full of excitement - anxious to see her friends - and I'm sure that somewhere in there, she was anxious to see Robert. Now, according to K - Robert doesn't know she likes him and he probably doesn't even notice her. The first day of school comes - K has a top locker. While she was trying to get it open she stepped on some one's foot - she looked down and said "Oh, I'm sorry" and guess who it was.... heheheh ROBERT... his locker is directly under hers. So this whole week I've heard her swoon over him and his antics. They only share one class and it's towards the end of the day - so I'm sure that makes things just wonderful in her opinion!
Anyway... today a friend of Robert's mentioned to K that Robert likes her - so I asked if she mentioned back to the friend that she likes Robert and she responded "heck no, I can't have him know that!" - HA HA HA.... wonder what this year will bring! I also wonder if Robert goes home and tells his parents all about K and her antics like K does when she gets home?! Young love... so funny!


2 comments:
Oh my goodness!! Is it starting already? I'm not ready for this. You might have just let the cat out of the bag. he he he
AHHHHHH, to be 13 again!
Post a Comment