me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, September 30, 2010

we're back!

We are back from our trip and AHHH, was it ever so fun - refreshing - relaxing - needed - enjoyed... you get the picture! Speaking of pics, I'll post those as soon as I figure out where they are on this computer!
In the meantime, here is an idea of what we did!
We flew to Orlando, Florida and then drove to Port Canaveral to get on the Carnival Dream- Carnival's largest ship to date.
We sailed into the Western Caribbean and made our first stop in Cozumel. Here Tim, myself and our dearest friends - Shani and Jaren - took a Book of Mormon Tour of the Tulum Ruins. It was so amazing to be in Tulum again - and sharing those experiences with my AMAZING friends!
The next day we stopped in Belize where the 4 of us (along with the rest of my family - Aonika, Rick, Kennedy, my dad, and Ronda) snorkeled on the 2nd largest Barrier Reef in the world! While we were snorkeling we encountered sting rays and sharks! We saw some very colorful fish and played with a bristle star fish!
The following day our ship stopped in Roatan, Honduras - this by far my favorite stop! I love Roatan - the lush jungle - the laid back and simple feeling - untouched by money hungry people who want to do nothing but build high rise buildings and expensive golf courses! We spent the day on a private island, did more snorkeling (the best ever!!), saw colorful fish - clear blue water - and ate FUNDIDOS (ah, so yummy)! We got to pet an ant eater, monkey, and crocodile - so amazing!
For our last stop we were in Costa Maya, Mexico where Tim says that I spent my time taking food from the mouths of babes! (I like to barter, what can I say?) It was a relaxing day for us - no plans, we just walked around and shopped a little and enjoyed time with Shani and Jaren and the rest of the locals!
After those 4 stops - we had another relaxing day at sea as we returned back to Port Canaveral - got on a shuttle to the airport - and flew home.
So there it is, in a nutshell. I will give more details when I get pics posted!!

1 comment:

Library Mary said...

What say me???

It was a GREAT vacation and I'm glad I got to meet you.

I'd met Tim earlier in the trip but you weren't with him. Every time I saw you throughout the week, you were very much involved with other people and I didn't want to interrupt.

Hope you are feeling better!

Mary