While I sit here with very little energy to do anything (because I've been sick), I might as well catch up on some posts that I meant to do but just didn't get to!
On September 10th and 11th, in Sandy, Utah, there was a flag put up for every person that died during the events of September 11, 2001. There was also a flag for every Utah soldier that has died while serving during the war. The flags for the soldiers had their names, rank, unit, and date of death. The first one that I saw died on March 29, 2003 - N's b-day - I cried. To see all of the flags was very humbling. It was a beautiful sight. I had M and L with me - and we walked quietly through all of the flags - reading names and talking about what happened that day. What a beautiful sight - what a great way to pay our respects to those that gave their lives for this country!


No comments:
Post a Comment