well, I am here in Baltimore and I'll be here until next Friday. I will be working a job with my dad and 2 sisters! I know that we have a lot to do but I am really hoping to get some time to see a few things since I've never been to this part of the country.
Our flight was uneventful. It was full - not a seat to be found - and for nearly 4 hours all I could do was sit. The Internet is FREE on the plane now, so I played on Aonika's laptop for a good chunk of the time. We got to Baltimore early but my dad's flight was late - so we sat at the Airport from about 3:45 until 5pm. Once we finally got to the rental car place it took a few more minutes to get the car and then we had to go to another rental car place to secure the van to move the hoses for the job -but when we got there they didn't have the van - UGH... so more time was spent trying to figure that out!
Then it was time to make our way to the hotel - we got right to where the address said it was and we couldn't find it - I swear we drove the block about 4 times and then finally asked a parking garage attendant who told us that it was right on the corner - NOPE, still didn't see it. Then what was that - what did I see? The name of the hotel through the scaffolding that was surrounding the front of the building1g. So, for our trouble - the desk attendant upgraded 2 of our rooms and I got one of them - YAY!! (I feel like I am in a small apartment - no kidding).
So, we are right in the harbor - right where Francis Scott Key dreamed of the words of what is now our National Anthem. We are right where Babe Ruth grew up, where the Ravens play football, where the oldest cathedral in America stands! I do hope I get some time to take in some of this amazing history, but in the meantime it's work work work!
I'll keep you updated on all the happenings! see ya....
1 comment:
Hope you guys get to have some fun.
Post a Comment