Anyway.... I am so grateful that I had everything done BEFORE I left on my little trip, for I was truly exhausted when I returned. Getting up at 5:30am and and working until 10 or 11 pm each night is by no means fun and leaves no room for chatting with family or getting any real sleep.
Overall it was a great trip. We finished up at the facility a day early and that allowed us to go and see D.C. We also got to see a few things in Baltimore like Edgar Allen Poe's home and tomb, the first Cathedral in America (and therefore the oldest), and the USS Torsk! SO COOL!
So, now it is Christmas day and I am so happy to be home and spend this special time with my family. M was so excited that she was up at 1:30 this morning - we sent her back to bed. Then I heard M, N, and L screaming and fighting over who knows what at 4:30am - we sent them back to bed. Then finally at 8:30 I got up and found N and L on the couch watching TV, being nice and quiet - while the girls and Tim slept on.
We took our morning slow... we made French toast and Hot Chocolate. Woke up K. Then enjoyed our breakfast together. Afterwards we gathered in the front room and read a story - the Inn Keeper's Christmas. (it's the story of Christ's birth from the Inn Keepers point of view - very touching) and then we read the story from Luke 2. After that we began to open the very generous gifts from family and everyone was very happy with what they received.
A few things..... a new Wii to replace the one that broke last year. Several new DVDs. Some Christmas dishes with snowmen (because I LOVE SNOWMEN). A new violin, case, bow, etc.. for a young lady, a BB gun for a 7 yr. old boy, a tool bench for a 3 yr old boy, and new earrings, perfume, and more for an 8yr old girl. There was so much more that was given from family and friends and we are grateful for every bit of it.
So, from our family to yours - Merry Christmas, and may you remember the reason for this very special time of year. LOVE TO ALL!! (p.s. - pics from my trip are coming soon!)
No comments:
Post a Comment