me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, January 20, 2011

hi

HI here my two lonely readers (and really, no offense, but you must be lonely if you are reading my blog!!)
Lots has been happening around here. After Christmas, Martha and Niels (Tim's parents) came for a visit. They had a nightmare of a time getting here - but they finally made it and we had a good visit with them - even if they were only here for 4 days.
Then I subbed for a 2nd grade class for an entire week while their regular teacher was on her first cruise ever! I admit, I was a little jealous, but I had fun playing teacher for a while. The best part was that I got to have lunch with M and N every day. They would get their lunch and come to my classroom to eat. We'd have the best conversations - what they were doing, who they were playing with, and so on! Unfortunately that week ended with M getting suspended for a day because she punched the assistant principal and threw a chair after getting angry in the classroom. No idea what set her off, but she needed the break and so did the teachers. UGH! Never thought that M would be the kid to get suspended - but what can ya do?!
Then after that week I went back to Baltimore to help my dad again. We were at the same facility but this time it was just him and I. It was nice to spend that time with my dad and to learn more about the business. We finished up a little early and we were able to go to Arlington National Cemetery. We watched the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown, saw Robert E. Lee's home, and the Eternal Flame at the Kennedy grave site. It was an awesome experience - very humbling.
Now I'm home and off to a great start! On Monday I tripped over the ice-scraper that someone left laying on the carport. I was holding L and we biffed it. I came down hard on my right knee to the point that I could hardly move. I laid in the driveway just crying and finally N came outside to see what was wrong - he found my phone, which had gone sliding when I fell and called Tim. Then we went to insta-care to make sure nothing was broken and it wasn't (thank goodness). I fell 3 years and 3 days to the day, on my LEFT knee - holding the same child - can you believe that?! So now, here we are, a few days later and there is still a lot of swelling but the pain is tolerable without meds now and I can get into a sitting position with little effort - so there is improvement!
AH... so that's what's happening. I have a wedding cake to work on next week and I got my supplies all organized and in their own containers so that they can be easily located when I'm working. So there you have it... our crazy, busy family!!
Have a great week ya'll!

5 comments:

Stefani said...

thanks for the update.

Christy Woolston said...

I learn so much reading blogs and this post was no exception. Suspended huh? DANG! Thanks for remembering us, your two lone readers...hahahaha :) We love ya!

Heidi Sue said...

Sound pretty exciting!!

Unknown said...

I thought there were more than 2 people? :<)

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I count too, don't I?