me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, January 27, 2011

busy week....


it's been a busy week around here. I have a wedding cake due tomorrow so I've been baking and designing all week long! It's easy to do when you have to already have your things out for another cake! I also got my business cards in this week - YAY!!
The weather has been fickle so it's been hard to decide if the kids should be inside or play outside, walk home from school or be picked up, and so on. One day we said "today you are walking home" and within 2 minutes it started snowing.... wah-lah, just like that, a change of plans!
This week is a women's conference for our stake. For the past 6 months, the women in our area have been focusing on service.... so this Saturday all of that service will be highlighted, Elder Lund (Work and the Glory series author) will be the guest speaker and then there will be a special musical presentation and a yummy lunch. I was asked back in September to be part of the musical presentation and it's really neat to see the whole thing coming together, finally! So, Saturday should be wonderfully uplifting and a great way to end this hectic week!
Well, back to the cake.... oh, just wait til you see it - it's gonna be AWESOME!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Beautiful cake!! I wish I could go to the conference with you. I love The Work and The Glory. I read all nine volumes over and over. Can't wait to see the new cake.

Anna said...

Love the design of that cake!