As you know, I'm trying to get all of my cake stuff approved by the FDA so that I can declare OCD cakes as an official small business. Last week I submitted a bunch of recipes and anxiously awaited a reply. Well, I got one. Now, more hoops! One of the things that was supposed to be submitted with my recipes was an ingredient list label. I figured (as I think any normal person would) that the list of ingredients in the recipe was sufficient - right?! WRONG!! So, think about your boxes of cereal, bags of chocolate chips, etc... that have the nutrition information and then an ingredient list full of things that you can't pronounce on it. YEAH - that! That's what I have to submit with all of my recipes. An ingredient label for each and every recipe that I want reviewed. I get to type up hundreds of words that I can't pronounce and attach it to each recipe just so they can make sure I'm not making something that's hazardous to your health! I say, with all those words that are too big to roll off my tongue, everything we eat (just about) is hazardous - so what's a little cake gonna hurt?!
So, back to the keyboard I go... typing away... hopefully to be done in the next few days so that I can resubmit my stuff and wait some more! Doesn't that sound like fun?
On a lighter note... M told me last night that she was ready to retire from school! Oh, to be young again!
No comments:
Post a Comment