me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

did you know....

that part of having a home based - food production - business is submitting ALL of the recipes that you MIGHT use - to the FDA for their approval?! YEAH.... talk about a daunting task!
I don't know about you - but for me, I rarely follow a recipe to the letter.... I like to add a little of this, or remove a little of that or alter it completely! In addition to this - I can look at a recipe and know how to cook something. Well, when you submit your stuff to the FDA you have to give them step by step instructions on how to recreate the recipe that you submitted - right down to "scrape the sides of the bowl and continue mixing"!!
So now, 38 recipes later, I am finally putting everything in an envelope and sending them off to the FDA for approval. So glad that part is done.... now it's time to wait for them to review and call me to schedule an inspection. Let the waiting game begin!

2 comments:

elkaholic said...

Stinkin government control. They want their "fair" take from your talents.

Heidi Sue said...

Sounds fun!! Now lets hope they approve them.