Did you ever dare someone? Have you taken a dare? Do you remember how old you were the first time you didn't back down from a dare? Ah - the memories!Tim and I had to run an errand on Saturday and the kids would rather stay home - so we let em'. When Tim and I rounded the turn to head into our circle we saw N running from one side of the street to the other in nothing but socks and underwear!! WHAT THE WHAT?! Tim and I just stared - stunned at what we were seeing and of course questioning the reason behind this 8 year old streaking attempt!
Just as he saw us turn into the circle - and just as fast as we saw him - N crouched behind some rocks, hoping that he wasn't caught! Trying to be responsible parents, we immediately called him to the van and asked him what he was doing - to which he responded with tears that K kicked him and his stomach hurt! (yeah, way to avoid the situation dude!) Then finally it came out. N's friend Quinn DARED HIM to do it! BWAHAHAHA... to this my response was straight out of my dad's handbook for raising girls "Ok, so he dared ya, but if he dared you to wear a purple poop around your neck- are ya gonna do it?!" N laughed and said "NO" - we told him to get inside and get his clothes on and that was that. As Tim and I made our way into the driveway we couldn't help but bust up laughing!! BOYS!!! It was harmless for sure - and dang funny - and boy I wish I could have captured that scrawny, farmer tanned body in little black boxer briefs on camera - that's black mail material for sure! It was great - I had a good laugh - but don't tell N!!
4 comments:
That's so funny!!!
HAHAHA! Dares...yes, the memories.
Oh Aislinn. Thats great! I always love to read other peoples blog to see what crazy things they have to go through with there own kids. Thanks for that laugh. Love the dare game!
Too bad you didn't get a picture. He would hate it later on. What boys won't do!!
Post a Comment