me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter 7.1

Do you keep up with Harry Potter? Are you one of those that's read all the books? Do you remember when there was a huge push to get people NOT to read the books or watch the movies because it had witchcraft in it?! Anyway... I've never read the books - but Tim and K have - they love them. However, I have seen the movies and although I'm not one of those that's been waiting in line for every to see the last one, or even one that's had a count down clock going - I am looking forward to seeing it.
For the past 7 days we've had a Harry Potter marathon going in our home. Each night we watch one movie. Last night we watched 7.1 - the one that was released last year. We hadn't seen this movie until last night (see - I'm not one of those die-hard fans!) because we wanted to wait until the last part of 7 came out this year so that we could see it all at once. So - last night we saw the first part of #7. Now, the rest of 7 will be released on Friday, however, I WON tickets to see a private showing of it TODAY! This is all fine and dandy and made me really happy EXCEPT my friend Shani is coming into town and we had planned to go and see HP together. I only won 2 tickets and of course our husbands want to go with us - so what do I do?
K asked me if she could "earn the tickets" off of me. I asked how she would do that and she thought for a moment and then informed me of the countless number of times that she babysits her siblings without pay - and she's right. So the tickets instantly became hers and my dilemma was solved! (I have tickets for Friday anyway!)
So enjoy HP, K. However, if you breathe a word - a SINGLE WORD - or what happens (because remember, I haven't read the books) then you won't be going to Hawaii in November - I will! (yeah, that's another story for later!)

1 comment:

Stephy Sue said...

I loooooove Harry Potter! I've read all of the books many times, and seen all of the movies many times! We are on our Harry Potter marathon right now - finishing 6 tonight. :)

We are seeing the final movie on Sat. because it's the only day we have time. I am soooo excited, but also a little sad because it's the end!

Anyway, I hope she enjoys it (and y'all do too!)!

Oh, and I doooo have a countdown! haha :) I love, love, love Harry Potter!