me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, July 29, 2011

more pics from Days of 47'

Ok - so I have a bunch more pics from the Days of 47' week! This post is all about the parades! The people in Utah are C-R-A-Z-Y when it comes to parades! I've never seen anything like it... and this year, I became one of them!
These pictures are from the float preview! Yeah, that's right... they have 2 days before the big Salt Lake parade where they allow people to come in and see the floats! I loved this because it allowed us to see the whole float and not just the side we were sitting on. We got to get up close to them and see some details and then we got to vote on our favorites! I love the one with Wilford Woodroof fishing! N really liked the dragon (that pic is in the next collage)! Of course M was all about the mermaid! And L, he just liked em' all!
You KNOW we had to get a pic in front of the RSL float!
Now moving on to the Bountiful parade. (no float preview for this one). There is a rule in Bountiful that you can't start holding your spots for the parade BEFORE 7am (the parade begins at 6pm). So, over the last 5 years I've noticed that people camp out and then at 7 them move their things into the place that they want and then leave it there - all day - and NO ONE BOTHERS IT! (can you believe that?!) So this year I took M and N and we camped out in the back of the truck right in front of the spot that we wanted! HEHEHEH... yeah, they'll remember that one forever! The night was rough. We were parked right under a street light that hummed all night. There were people up and down the street all night - not driving - just walking and talking and playing. (I'm telling you - this is THE THING to do and EVERYONE was doing it!) Then sleep finally came around 1:30am for N and M - but it was sporadic for me. At 6am the nurses from the clinic we were in front of, came out and gave everyone donuts saying "good morning campers"...hehehehe, that was awesome!
Here are some pics of L and M playing pioneer games and all the kids waiting for the parade to start! We had fun and I'm sure that they will be asking to do it again next year!

1 comment:

Martha said...

What terrific pictures! Wish we could have been there. You are a great mom, the way you find and create so many activities for your children. Making so many memories.