me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

odds & ends from yesterday!

* Yesterday M wanted to go and see a movie. I wasn't home, so she asked Tim. The movie - RIO. It's currently at the dollar theater. So she asks Tim if she can go and see Rio and follows it up with "don't make me use my puppy dog eyes"! Silly girl!

* I decided to take the kids downtown to see the new children's exhibit at the Family History Museum. After circling the block 2x to find a space we finally succeeded and parked the van! As I went to lock it, I noticed that the driver door didn't lock. So, I went to lock it and I heard someone yell "AISLINN" - I turned to look and saw an old friend from Nebraska! What are the odds? So she circled the block and stopped for a minute to say HI! Her daughter babysat for me when M and N were still in diapers - now she is 20 years old - can you believe it?! Sylvia, it was AMAZING to see you!

* After the Family History Museum we decided to go and check out the Beehive House. I've been before but the kids hadn't and I thought it would be fun to share that piece of history with them. The Beehive house is where Brigham Young lived when the Saints got to Salt lake. It was where church and city business was conducted. It was the site of a school house. It's NEAT! Anyway.... upon entering, L said "Hi! I'm the boy with the red shirt and bicycle on it! I'm here to hunt ghosts"!

* Ice-cream is the best way to wrap up a day of ghost hunting, reuniting, and museum roaming! So that's what we did!

* Tim and I took advantage of some coupons that we had and enjoyed a nice dinner at BUCA (for a grand total of $12!) and then we caught a movie (PRIEST) and spent a grand total of $7 (and that included popcorn and a drink)!! The movie was awesome and I would recommend it - if you like vampire killing priests, that is!

So there - some things from yesterday - it was nice to get out!!
OH - p.s. - I added a tab to my website - a tab for MONTHLY SPECIALS! So check it out - you can see what's "on sale" each month!! (www.ocd-cakes.com)


2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

I love hearing about all your fun. Saw the new tab on the website too. Good idea. Everybody loves a good special. I love the percentage off amount and how you came up with that and then that you just rounded up. So fun.

Love ya!

Martha said...

Sounds like you had a very nice day. Those silly kids! They come up with such funny things. Miss you all very much!