me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

SURPRISE!!

HI THERE! It's me... you know, the author of this blog! Miss me yet? HEHEHEHEE
Last week Tim and K were acting funny. Funny like "when I'm done with X I'm gonna clean X" - what the what? Neither of them clean anything without being asked - ESPECIALLY K! So I knew something was up!
Then I'd catch Tim and K whispering, or going into a room to chat. Yeah - those two - they think that they can pull one over on me - but alas, I'm on to their sneaky ways!
So, on Friday I thought to myself that I better pitch in and clean up too because someone was obviously coming over - I just didn't know who - and you know how I get if my house is messy and I have company!
About 11am I was siting at the computer, checking my e-mail, when I saw a suburban come into our circle. I recognized the driver immediately! Then they pulled in our driveway. It was one of my bestest friends - DANIELLE (and her hubby Tim and their 6 kids!).
You know my friend Shani... well, Danielle is my OTHER friend from Omaha - but just like Shani, Danielle just moved - only she went to Wyoming. Now both my gals are within 6 hours of my - yipee!!
Anyway... we've gone to Omaha a few times in the last 5 years to visit this awesome family, but Danielle hasn't come to Utah since we moved here! (that brat!) But she decided to come down for the weekend - her and her cute family - and it was WONDERFUL!
We played at the park (Danielle used to take me to the park when I was having bad days and push me on the swings til I felt better!), we stayed up late and gabbed, we played games, and we just had a good time all around!!
I met Danielle 12 years ago this past September. Her husband accidently delivered an invitation to her baby shower to me - instead of the neighbor. I was new in the area and figured they were being nice - so I went! And Wah-lah - here we are 12 years late and with 10 kids between the 2 of us and still buddies!!
It was a wonderful visit and I'm so glad that they came!! Hopefully it won't be another 5 years before they come this way again!!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

Fun, Fun. Carl wants her email so he can mail her and say, "hey, pooh head. Thanks for playing cards." hahaha!