me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Search Continues!

About 2 1/2 years ago Tim came home and told me that he lost his job. We instantly went into "your job is to find another job" mode and pinch pennies everywhere we can! 
Nothing much has changed since that day. I was hoping that 2012 would start off a little brighter - but I was wrong. Now I don't want this to sound like a pity party... it's not. I just need to update things for the sake of my posterity so that they can understand what we've been through for the last few years. 
Tim has had several interviews over the years but nothing has come of them. He has had lots of people tell him what a great attorney he is, but no one offers him a steady job. He has tried his hand at having his own office and, well... some people just aren't cut out to be their own boss! 
Anyway... Tim had an interview in Cedar City last week. We were happy to have the chance since interviews are few and far between in Utah. They made special arrangements to see Tim because the day they were interviewing he had to be in court in Provo and wouldn't have been able to make it. So things were moved around and they saw Tim a day early. So, Tim made the marathon drive to Cedar City and back in a single day (after having court that morning too), but things didn't work out in our favor. So, the search continues... back to the drawing board so to speak. 
Things in our home aren't terrible. After all, we are blessed beyond belief to have a roof over our heads and a healthy family, food on the table, clothes, and even electricity. Just because things are tight and we don't get to do all that we want to do doesn't mean that we aren't getting by... but that's just what we are doing... getting by!
So, for now we will keep sticking together like glue. Keep searching. Keep praying. Keep smiling. And most importantly, keep supporting each other. I'm sure we are learning a lot of lessons that one day we'll look back on and be grateful that we learned. So, for now, do me a favor...say a prayer for our family and if you hear of a job or have one to offer... let us know because I really want 2012 to be better than 2010 and 2011!!

4 comments:

Stephy Sue said...

Aislinn - I hope things get better soon! I'll put y'alls names in the temple this Friday. :)

Stefani said...

I hear ya... it isn't fun just getting by... been there, done that (and I think we might be there again ). Will be praying for you and for a job for Tim.

Heidi Sue said...

I love you!! I would love to keep you guys in my prayers!!

luvmyav8er said...

Are you willing to move? ;)