me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, August 27, 2012

Another School year....starting

Thank goodness for school. I remember HATING school. I looked forward to holidays and summer and friends. I don't ever recall WANTING to go to school. Sure, the first day was fun - but that was because you got to see everyone that you missed all summer long. After that, however, yeah...that's a different story!
I'm so grateful that my kids view school differently. They love learning, for the most part, and they look forward to school.
Today M (5th) and K (9th) started school. N and L will not start until the first week of September, so they get a little bit longer to enjoy my company!
M has been anxious for school for about a month now. I made a terrible mistake and marked the school starting date as FRIDAY, August 24. So, last THURSDAY, when we went to "back to school night" and discovered that school didn't start until Monday - M was not too happy with me! (that quickly disappeared with the promise of ice-cream and an extra vacation day before school started!)
K, on the other hand, had a whole week of high school orientation and then today was her official start. Just like a brick and mortar school, we spent a while trying to figure out what class started at what time, organizing folders (virtual and tangible), locating books, meeting teachers, school assembly, signing up for clubs to join, etc... It was a crazy first day!!
So, to document another start to a promising school year, we took pictures! This time, however, I made the girls tell me what they wanted to be/do when they grow up - so that we will never forget this time in their lives!

 K - at the computer - logging in to her class "dashboard". This is where she see's her courses and assignments and which teachers want to "skype" in order to discuss a lesson. This is where K will be spending a lot of time - LEARNING!

So yay for another start to another year. Good luck girls - I know you'll ROCK!!

No comments: