Funny... I forget about this journal and then I remember...type a few things..and forget again! It's the way life is, I suppose.
Over the past few months my kids have finished school and will be moving on to new grades (L in Kindergarten, N in 5th, M in 6th, and K in 10th). They will also all be moving to new schools, in one form or another. K will be enrolled in a duel college/high school program about 20 minutes from home. M will be moving to the high school building of her school. N & L are going to whole new schools but in different buildings! Crazy I tell ya!
Additionally, over the past few months, Tim lost his job and has found another one - N tried out for several soccer teams and made 3 of them - he chose a new team, and the list goes on. So more crazy changes in store for us.
All of these things have been positive - even Tim losing his job. A certain co-worker was driving him to drink (not literally, but ya know!). He was so dishonest and cunning that his actions were extending to conflict in our family and Tim was at the end of his rope. That's over now and we will come out on top for sure.
This summer has been off to a crazy start.
N has had scout camp - which I had to attend because I'm one of the leaders.
N has had speed camp - that kid is awesome with a soccer ball, but slow in the running department
N has had soccer - 2 nights a week, 2 hours each time!
K has violin
K has girls camp this week
K has Quest (re-enactment of the Book of Mormon) in July, she's been working so hard on that
L has play dates - he's very popular with the girls - it's nuts
M has activity days
Once some of these things subside, or we get in to a more manageable routine, I'm sure we'll find lots of things to explore and do!
I'm looking forward to the changes in our lives. They won't be easy, but I have a feeling that we are all on the right track and making progress towards positive paths!
1 comment:
Congrats on getting the tickets for the concert for M.
Thanks for the update on the family. Have a great summer.
Post a Comment