This kid!
Today is the first day of the Thanksgiving break for N and L. So, they are sitting here, playing the Wii or the Computer, or the X-box, or watching TV. After a few hours (I know - I know!) I told them that they needed to turn it off, put on a coat and go outside for a bit. L was so unhappy about this announcement! He whined and whined about how he didn't have any "electronic time" - but I persisted and made him go play outside.
After about 30 minutes, I was sitting on the couch - waiting on some cakes to be done - when L came in the house and sat down next to me. He had the biggest tears in his eyes and very soberly he turned to me and said:
Mom - how would you feel if you were a 6 year old boy and you had a 10 year old brother and all he did was play and play on the Wii and tell you to wait? Then your mom says that time's up and you didn't get any time at all. You would be sad - just like me.
Ah - that did it - heart was melted and tears came to my own eyes. All I could think of was "this is what's important to him right now - to be heard and to get some time on the Wii". So, I hugged him, kissed his head and whispered - you get 30 minutes all to yourself - go have fun.
He instantly hugged me back and he was off.
Ugh - that kid!
2 comments:
OOOOHHH! What a moment! You're such a good Mom. :)
I wish my kids would share thier feelings like that! All i get is whining and crying!
Post a Comment