L is always doing or saying something. I know you must think that he's my only child, because I write about him so much, but he is the one that seems to be teaching me the most right now - so you get what you get.
This year, for Christmas, L wants a very specific gift. The problem is is that this gift is $75 and we simply can't afford it. L has asked me over and over for Skylanders Swap Force and I told him that I know he really wants it but that I can't get it for him - not this year. He is always patient with this answer and tries to come up with creative solutions like "we can sell all my other toys" or "we can look at the D.I for it" - but with this game being a "HOT ITEM" this year, we certainly won't find it at the D.I and I doubt we'd get close to $75 by selling his other toys.
Anyway, this has been weighing heavily on L's mind because his little heart truly desires this one game. So, tonight, just after bed, L came out of his room and walked straight up to me. He held out a quarter and said "here Mom, this is to help you buy that Christmas present that I really want" - he put the quarter in my hand, turned around and went to bed.
I'm telling you if my friend Becky hadn't been standing there I would have full out bawled! This kid tugs at my heart so much- he just melts me on a daily basis. I'm sure that the Lord sent him here to teach me to be more tender, loving, kind, caring, thoughtful, happy, etc...
On a happy note, what L doesn't know is that I put the quarter back in his bank and that although we didn't get Skylanders Swap Force - we did get Skylanders Spyro's Adventure (which is considerably less expensive now that it's been out for 2 years). The difference is that the one we got is game #1 in a series of 3 - and the game he wants is game #3 in that same series...we figured it would be best to start with the first game before we build the collection! I hope he's just as happy with Spyro's Adventure - and I think he will be - he's that sort of kid and I can't wait until Christmas to see the look on his face.

3 comments:
I love it! He is such an adorable kid.
What a cutie. Maybe next year it will be cheaper.
Love him so much! He is such a special little boy!
Post a Comment