me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Effects of Chicken Pox...

Well, they are finally going away but they have affected our lives immensely! For starters we've been somewhat cooped up in this house for the past week or so. The pox on Lane's head became so large that we had to remove his helmet (and we just got it!) Tim and I have taken turns on who goes out to the store and such but for the most part, here we have sat. I've also missed Nathan's last 4 ball games and now he only has 3 left! Tim wasn't able to attend Mykenzi's Kindergarten program because he needed to stay here to keep the little guy from infecting numerous other children. Now that the little pox are starting to scab over we are ready to put Lane's helmet back on him. I called the Dr. today and explained what happened and asked if I needed to move my apt. on Monday to a later date. They told me that I needed to come in and have the helmet readjusted now because he hasn't been wearing it! LOVELY!
I've lost hours of sleep and used hundreds of gallons of water for oatmeal baths - but hey, I'm not complaining! This is the life of a mom - right?! On the flip side Lane has learned that we stay seated in the tub, we've spent lots of time together as a family, we've caught up on a few TV shows, I got about 20 scrapbook pages done and my floor has been swept every day for the past week! I've even had time to ponder an idea for my RS lesson this Sunday!
So - goodbye Chicken Pox - I hope to never see you again in my home!! It's not that I didn't have fun, but you've overstayed your welcome!

2 comments:

msaonika said...

I liked the spotty side of Laney-Loo. So cute with his Poxy Pox. Though, I am kind of glad that they are gonna be gone too... after all, it's getting to be REALLY nice outside. LOVE YA

luvmyav8er said...

Where in the world did he come into Chicken pox at? Guess he won't need his varicella shot at 12 mos!!!!!! Craziness.