me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

JUST KIDDING!

You only thought that we were flying home today! We got all of our things together (only a small feat!) and ate lunch at one of my favorite spots (Brew-Bachers) and then headed to the airport! We got there at 12:15 for our 1:25 flight. As the time to board approached I noticed that there wasn't a plane at the gate. We kept watching for it but nothing! Then 1:25 came, and went! Finally - an announcement!
"Folks - the plane from Houston is delayed - it might be an hour or more - if this causes problems with your connection please come up to the desk" - So, Tim headed to the desk. We had a connection in Houston at 3:30 and this delay would cause us to miss it. Long story short - we're still in Baton Rouge and our new flight will leave out tomorrow morning. HEHEHEH - isn't life a grand adventure! Now - you try explaining to your kids why you sat in the airport just to go back to grandma's house! We tried to make it up to them - we stopped and sampled some Pelican Poop, Crawfish Poop, and Alligator Droppings! YUM (chocolate covered sunflower seeds). On the bright side - we're under a tornado watch here - I LOVE STORMS! Hopefully this one will bring a little lightening with it!

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

You're not home yet! So, sad (in a purely selfish way). I haven't been to the gym since you left. See you tomorrow night? PLLLLEAAASE!

Aislinn said...

AWW - I wish we'd be home tomorrow night just so I could go with you - but alas, we won't be! We are flying into Denver and then driving to Grand Junction - but we'll be home sometime this weekend so let's pick it up next week - what do ya say?! LOVE YA!