me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It must be genetic!

Tim absolutely loves to read! In fact, ever since I've known him, he's had a book that's he's been reading. He doesn't read in every spare moment, but he does read at night when the kids are in bed, or in the car when he's waiting on me to get done with whatever I'm doing! He always has a book with him and he picks it up whenever he can. Once the book is done, he's on to the next one!!
Tim doesn't have a real bookmark. He tends to grab whatever piece of paper is around at the time. Right now, his bookmark is the stub from our latest airline ticket! These tiny pieces of paper must attract kids. Maybe it's the tattered look or the curiosity of this thing sticking out of a book - that screams LOOK AT ME! Regardless the kids pull it out to look at it! Tim always lets out a frustrated sigh and patiently opens the book, finds his place and replaces the makeshift marker. The kids have learned that this is daddy's thing - to leave it alone and not to remove the coveted book mark. I think that Tim was starting to breath a sigh of relief. He started to leave his book on the couch and coffee table a little more. And then it happened! Lane made his way over to the couch last night, where the book sat, and reached his little fingers - arm outstretched - towards the bookmark! He grabs hold and slowly pulls it out of it's place - looking at it with big, curious eyes. Then he shows it to Tim who just shakes his head and says "THANKS!" (somewhat sarcastically). I just smiled and said "must be genetic"!!

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Funny! I was over there one day and was witness to Tim's discovering of a missing book mark in the book he happened to be reading at the time. Indeed, he just shrugged it off and knew he'd have to find his place AGAIN.

msaonika said...

I love this story... you should take a picture of tim's bookmark and scrapbook it for the future of all humanity. I mean... seriously - this is a fantastic family story. :D

LOVE YA!

A