
This morning at about 7:30, my MIL comes in my room and says that the doorbell is ringing. WHAT? I looked at the clock and told Tim that someone was ringing the doorbell! He got up (rather slowly) and got dressed to find out who it was. When Tim returned I grumpily asked "who the heck was it?" and he replied "the garbage man". HUH?
So - we forgot to put our trash can out last night and the garbage man noticed and he came to see if we needed it dumped. He took the trash can from the driveway, dumped it and then returned it to its spot!! WHO DOES THAT? I think that he deserves an award or at least a Christmas present from us!! What do you think?
4 comments:
We had service like that in Colorado Springs. We thought they were the best! NOT here though. You forget it and they forget it. I wish our guys would do that on the rare occasion that we would forget. BUT, NOOOOOOO! Kudos to your trash guys...they absolutely deserve some kindness...Hang a plate of cookies from a wire above the trash can or a loaf of home made bread or something.:)
That's a FIRST! Can't say I have ever heard of the garbage man ringing the doorbell. LOL. You have one of a kind that's for sure.
Keri
Our garbage man didn't even stop when I ran down the road in my pajamas and bare feet after him yelling, "wait! Wait! we are overflowing with trash! Come back!"
He just kept on driving.
Your garbage man deserves a kiss on the mouth.
Sooooo sweet! That is a perfect example of "what e'er thou art, do well thy part." If I did my job that good every day, I wonder what would happen??? :)
Post a Comment