me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

strange dream

I've always had strange dreams. Tim has gotten use to this and he often asks "any weird dreams last night" and most of the time I can recall everything and he gets a kick out of it!!
Many times I dream that I live underwater! I can breath under the water and I find myself on the bottom of the pool (or ocean), looking up at the "non-breathers" struggling at the top to keep afloat.
Last night I dreamt about swimming again. Nothing new. This time, however, as I was passing another swimmer, who was wearing hand paddles, I had the distinct feeling that my right hand was hit by his paddle as we were passing each other. I felt a sharp pain and realized that my ring finger had been cut off. As I grabbed my hand I sank to the bottom of the pool where I sat, just trying to relax until the bleeding stopped. The next thing I knew I was showing people how much shorter my finger was and how fast it had healed.
Then this morning when I woke up, my ring finger, on my right hand was bent (into my palm) and it had obviously been that way for a while because it was like pins and needles trying to straighten it out.
GEEZ the mind can to crazy things!!!!

4 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

I thought you were gonna say your finger was missing when you woke up like something out of the Twilight Zone. Do do, do do, do, doooooo!

I very seldom remember my dreams. I hear there's some sort of genius related to remembering dreams. So, congratulations...this proved what we all already suspected...you're a genius!

msaonika said...

I remember my dreams quite frequently. However, nothing quite the same as this. Typically it has something to do with pink slippers and portals. The last good one that I had I was in a picket line, marching against the need for more types of Jell-O Flavors. Hmmm... need to re-evaluate my calling in life huh!?!

Heidi Sue said...

I thought you were going to say when you woke up you had broken your finger in your sleep. So I am glad that your finger is ok. I have some pretty weird dreams too. Love ya

luvmyav8er said...

Well cuz...You know MY RING FINGER is cut off!!!!!!

I have weird dreams as well. I remember one very vividly that I had as a child. We were on a boat with bad people and I kept hiding so they couldn't find me. When the time was right I jumped overboard. When I woke up my legs were hanging off the bed (I was on the top of the bunk beds). I guess I was really jumping. Good thing I didn't fall off!