me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday To You


This is "Niels"! His name is in quotations because "Niels" is short for his full name which I cannot spell so I won't even try. Niels was born in Aruba and his family is dutch. Niels is Tim's dad and our grandpa!
Let me share a few things I know about Niels!!
He is ALWAYS giving of himself. No matter what's going on in his life he does what he can to help others if they need it. Even better than that - he'll SHOW you what to do so that you can do it next time! Never once have we felt like we couldn't turn to Niels for help if we needed it!
Niels is a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I won't share the story at this time but just know that the Lord knew what he was doing with this one - he is a great example of the Savior!
Niels is one of the most soft spoken, kind, and loving men I know! He LOVES his family and his grand kids! He loves black licorice and speaking dutch to the kids whenever he can!
Niels loves the outdoors and everything that comes with it - hunting, fishing, hiking, just enjoying nature.
He has a PhD. He is SMART!! He knows EVERYTHING about ANY KIND of tree out there! (OK, maybe not everything - but a heck of a lot more than me and that makes it EVERYTHING!)
Niels loves books and Niels can fix just about anything!
I hope he knows that I'm so grateful that he's my Father-in-law!! I love him so much! I trust him! I know I can count on him when I need to! I am so grateful to know that he is a shining example of our Savior and I want to be just like him when I grow up! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NIELS!! We love you!

3 comments:

luvmyav8er said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREAT NIELS!

Heidi Sue said...

Sounds WONDERFUL, Can I barrow him?(hehehe). Tim is lucky to have him for a dad, and you a father-in-law.

Tiffany said...

Cute! He sounds like a neat man :)